Alfredo González /El Globo NewsToday more than ever anyone who wants to Buy a business must be rationally distrustful and walk "with lead feet." Based on my experience as a business broker in Florida, I will allow myself to give 5 tips that are especially useful for new buyers:
- Hire a business broker with good professional qualifications. If the candidate is a member of the Business Brokers of Florida (BBF) association, he will have the guarantee that he holds an official license from the State of Florida and that he has been trained to fulfill his duties suitably.
- Evaluate the different business alternatives that the broker will present to you. The broker has an extensive up-to-date database of up and running businesses and franchises that are currently being sold in Florida.
- If a business attracts you and you want to buy it, never rule out carrying out accounting, administrative, operational, and market analyzes to verify that it is a healthy business. Hire a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to assist you in this process
- To prepare the closing of the sale, it is essential to hire a specialized agent who has a title company. These tasks are usually performed by a commercial attorney whose fees are shared equally between the buyer and the seller.
- If your intention is to obtain a business visa, consult your immigration attorney about the feasibility of supporting immigration procedures with the selected company.