El Florida Department of Transportation y Florida Turnpike Enterprise announced that they will close the sale of food from the Turnpike Service Plazas y SunPass Centers for lower the spread of the new strain of coronavirus of Wuhan in the state.
State agencies made those decisions after Gov. Ron DeSantis prohibited that Florida restaurants serve food on the premises, limiting them to takeout and delivery orders only, reported clickorlando.com.
The statement of Florida Department of Transportation announced that Turnpike Service Plazas They will no longer be selling food at any of their restaurants effective immediately.
Likewise, it details the statement that the Service Seats will remain open only to offer:
- Public restrooms and dog walks.
- Convenience stores.
- Fuel stations.
According to the release, market stores located in Turkey Lake, Fort Drum, Fort Pierce, Canoe Creek and West Palm Beach will remain open.
The Florida Department of Transportation also reported that market shops located in Turkey Lake, Fort Drum, Fort Pierce, Canoe Creek and West Palm Beach will remain open.
In addition to close your food services in response to COVID-19, Turnpike Service Plazas has taken the following precautionary measures:
- Increase hand sanitizer locations in convenience stores at fuel stations.
- Signage at entrances and restroom areas to encourage handwashing.
- Using a new sanitizing solution made specifically to kill viruses.
SunPass Customer Service Centers will also close their doors to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The SunPass Customer Service Centers that will be temporarily closed are:
- Snapper Creek, Milepost 19, Florida Turnpike, Miami
- Miami, 7902 NW 36th Street, Unit 203, Doral
- Boca Raton, 7941 Glades Road, Boca Raton
- Tampa, 10137 E. Adamo Drive, Suite 800A, Tampa
- Pinellas Bayway Administration Center, 4501 54th Avenue S, St. Petersburg
- Ocoee Walk-In Center, 9405 W. Colonial Drive, Ocoee
- Mid-Bay Bridge, 1200 White Point Road, Niceville
- Garcon Point Bridge, 555 Avalon Boulevard, Milton
For additional information, you may call SunPass at 1-888-865-5352.
You may also be interested: